Monday, November 10, 2008

I'll Admit It, I'm a Flickr Addict (Vertical Post)

So, to go ahead and get this out of the way, I'm posting a number of my personal favorites that I've managed to shoot over the past couple years on there.

First, I'm going to start out with some vertical shots. Next post will focus on Horizontals.

This is an abandoned train car (Pullman "Business Car" to be exact) that's been left to weather on North Beach in Corpus Christi. There's rumors all around as to its origin or why it was left there, but no one seems to be doing much with it anymore. I loved the little flower in front of it, and chose that as a focus point - new and old, growth and decay, and all that zen-like suchandsuch.

The Littlefield Fountain at the Main Entrance of the University of Texas at Austin is an oft-photographed destination. And rightfully so - it's absolutely stunning. This is a close up of the hooves of the water-horses depicted in the fountain. There's a sense of movement to the photo that I really loved seeing once I got it uploaded onto the computer.

This is something I managed to get with my old point-and-shoot! I'm still blown away at how well it turned out. Little hearts of iron making up a mat at the Austin-unique Cathedral of Junk.

Joe (my boyfriend) and I have these small Playmobil animals we carry around with us as fun subject of photos. They fit easily into a camera bag, and don't move when you want them to stay still. This little guy's having a fun time in front of the greenest patch of grass in all of San Antonio. It just happens to be in front of the world-famous Alamo.

Another point-and-shoot capture from a kayak trip on Town Lake in Austin. Yes, I have a thing for water and reflections. I'm a water fiend!

A Passion Flower hidden in the garden on the side of a little restaurant in town that I love.

And finally, Corpus Christi at sunset. I love Texas. It's a place that continues to amaze me with its beauty, and I'm so proud to have been born a native Texan. This was a bit of beauty I turned around to find on July 5th, 2008, while we were exploring the campus of Texas A&M Corpus Christi.

No comments:

Monthly Archives

Personal Nuttiness

My photo
Austin, TX, United States
For other bits of me online, visit my:
Flickr Photos
Facebook